Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country. Our size provides us with access to the best products in the marketplace, while still maintaining a very local community feel. Through growing and developing relationships with carrier partners and expert resources, Brown & Brown stands out as a leader in the industry. As our business grows, our people grow with it!
Brown & Brown Inc. is looking for a Tax Analyst to join our growing team in Daytona Beach, FL. The Tax Analyst position exists to provide the Brown & Brown tax department additional staff resources to be able to complete all compliance and regulatory tasks. This position is an integral position aiding in the preparation of income tax compliance, regulatory provision functions, and all ancillary tax functions as needed.
Essential Duties and Functions: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reports to the Director of Tax and Senior Accountants
- Assist in the timely filing of all federal and state income taxes, sales, use, gross receipts, business license (based upon gross receipts), business tangible personal property tax returns, and any other filings as required
- Assist with sales and use, business license, business property tax return, income tax and any other audits as needed
- Ensure all tax department files are updated and maintained
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly income tax provisions and estimated income tax payments
- Assist in FATCA compliance, maintaining internal database and communicating with internal and external parties regarding FATCA requirements
- Other special projects as assigned by the Director of Tax
- Pursues a course of personal, professional development
- Minimum education required
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Minimum 2 years of experience with the preparation of income, sales and use, and tangible personal property tax returns
- Attention to detail is required
- Ability to multitask and prioritize complex analytical tasks
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a business or financial related discipline
- Certified Public Accountant (eligible to take exam)